so this happened: my best book buddy asked me, which books i bought in august. and i had no idea. i really didn’t know. august was very busy for me and it was a loooooong month. somehow it skipped my mind, which books i bought. but, of course i checked and i wanted to take you with me on the discovery, that i made. 😀
1.) ya contemporaries
- “words in deep blue” by cath crowley: i am not sure, on which blog i saw this book, but i loved the synopsis and the cover is so beautiful, that i could not stop myself 😀
- “under rose-tainted skies” by louise gornall: same thing as with “words in deep blue”. only at that point, when i read about this book, there was a huge sale and it went into my cart immediately
- “p.s. i like you” by kasie west: ever since i have read “by your side” by kasie west, i wanted to read another book by her. and “p.s. i like you” was the lucky one 😀
- “the smell of other people’s houses” by bonnie-sue hitchcock: i just heard alaska and i was sold 😀 it’s that easy with me hahaha
- “tin man” by sarah winman: she became my auto-buy author because i love her writing. but unfortunately it was very hard to get into this book first. the second half was phenomenal though! this is also the only book from this list, that i have already read.
3.) margaret atwood
- “oryx & crake“
- “the year of the flood“
- i have read “oryx & crake” earlier this year and i really, really enjoyed it. it was my first atwood and it was so good! i decided to read the rest of the series and i wanted to have this edition, because these books look so amazing on my shelf. ❤ and also, did i tell you about that huge sale? 😀
4.) sequel time & audiobook
- “golden son” by pierce brown: yes, it’s sequel september and i wanted to continue with this series, because i don’t want to let too much time pass in between. so i picked up “golden son” and i am excited to find out, if i will like it better than “red rising”. let’s do this!
- “the gentleman’s guide to vice and virtue” by mackenzi lee: i saw this book everywhere in the past months and i finally picked it up, when my audible credit arrived. i am still at the very beginning, because there was not much time for listening. but so far i liked the beginning and i am excited to listen to more.
that was my august book haul. i know it’s a lot, again. i just can’t stop myself. but well, i just love books 😀
what did you buy in august? have you read your bought books already? which of these books have you read? let me know! 🙂