so here’s another tag to get to know me better. 😀 i hope you like it. let’s get straight to it:
1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
well, that’s almost the amount on my books i really have on my tbr. 😀 no, i am kidding. it’s not that high, but i have a lot. and i don’t mind. i like having a variety of books i can choose from. 🙂
i am a total mood reader. i need to read what i am in the mood for. i have my different buddy reads, that take place during the month, but my main book is always a mood choice. if i want fantasy, i read fantasy. if i want contemporary, i pick that one. it’s not hard for me and always works out, depending on knowing what the book is about (if you’ve read my last post, you know what i mean. 😀 )
2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?
yes, i quit. i do not like spending my time on books i don’t like. but i also have to say, that it depends on the book. if it is a classic, then i will probably read it in the end, because i want to find out, why people love this book. fortunately, in the last year, i didn’t have one book i had to dnf. it worked out well for me. but i am waiting for the first book to come. 😀
3. The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?
i love challenges and i take them seriously. i want to do them, because i feel accomplished. but in the last months, i had the feeling, that they stress me out. this is a hobby and you should read what you want. sometimes challenges can’t give you that. that’s why i will try to keep the number of my challenges very low. but when i start one, yes, i always try to finish it.
4. The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?
i am not picky about my editions. of course they look nice, if there are matching covers, but i don’t mind. for me it’s about all the content.
5. Every one and their mother loves a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?
my bookish friends. i have no problem with having a different opinion than other people. everyone has a different taste in books and that is totally ok.
6. You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
i cry. mostly i can’t stop it anyways, so i will let the tears flow. 😀
7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?!?!?!?
i haven’t reread that many books and i haven’t been in that situation. but probably i would read a synopsis somewhere or look into my bookjournal what i wrote about that book.
8. You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
“i am sorry, but i do not lend my books to other people.” 😀
9. Reading ADD. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
i give me some time and some days off of reading. and then there will be a point, where i miss it, so that i will pick up a book again.
10. There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
all of them? *facepalm* 😀 i am really good at this book buying thing hahaha
11. After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?
depends how many books i bought. i had this rule, that i read the bought books immediately, but it kind of did not work out after my last book buying month 😀